Disaster Assistance

At Carrington, we recognize that federally-declared, major natural disasters can cause our customers significant personal and financial hardship, and that recovering from such disasters is often difficult.

Disaster Assistance
Qualification for assistance

Qualification for assistance

Carrington customers who have been forced to evacuate their personal residence, or whose homes have been damaged or destroyed as a result of a federally-declared, major natural disaster, can contact us at 1-800-561-4567, Monday – Friday, 8:00AM to 9:00PM EST to determine if they qualify for any of the following payment relief and other customer accommodations:

  • Waiver of assessments of penalties or late fees
  • Payment deferments
  • Forbearance or repayment plans
  • Suspension of credit reporting to reporting agencies while on a forbearance or repayment plan

Carrington customers can review a summary of programs available to those who have experienced hardships as a result of major disasters.

FHA 203(h) Mortgage Insurance for Disaster Victims Program

The 203(h) provides 100% financing to you if your home ― whether rented or owned ― is located in a Presidentially-declared major disaster area (PDMDA)* (PDMDA), was destroyed or damaged, and now requires reconstruction or replacement. Below are some of the highlights of this program:

  • Minimum 500 FICO Score
  • Applies to home purchases, reconstruction, and refinances of a single-family property**
  • You must have been a permanent resident of the property**
  • For Purchases, the property isn’t required to be located in the area where the previous residence was located
  • Mortgage rating required for current 12 month history prior to the declared disaster
Disaster victim program
Need a free consulation?

Call us today


*Previous residence must be documented and verified to be in a PDMDA and destroyed or damaged to extend that reconstruction or replacement is necessary. FEMA PDMDA verification required, in addition to documentation from a 3rd party that the home is not habitable as a result of the disaster. **Documentation is required to evidence residency: Valid driver’s license or utility bill.